Peanut Butter Pancakes
Just a couple weeks in my home office & I would consider it a success. No commute, no getting ready, no hassle.
And no people. I am not sure if that’s a good thing or not. My cube mate is now my dog, & she’s hot/cold on whether or not she wants to be next to me.
Back in the real office days, I would have a stash of chocolate & a jar of peanut butter in my desk drawer. One may wonder what I eat with the peanut butter; I can always find something. It goes with (almost) anything.
Today, it goes in & on these pancakes. Just in them is not enough – you can’t put enough peanut butter in the pancakes to bring out the PB flavor. So the drizzle on top is important. Trust me.
Naturally, I put chocolate chips in these. I did them in these pancakes, so of course I would put them with peanut butter. It’s a culinary necessity.
You can make any pancakes into peanut butter pancakes – box, homemade, healthy, whatever. Just add a little PB into the wet ingredients & add the drizzle on top. I meant to put some crushed peanuts on top, but I attempted to blog this recipe with a 1-yr-old (mistake). Learned that lesson, again.
I’m adding homemade peanut butter to my list of things to make. For now, enjoy…
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
chocolate chips, melted peanut butter & maple syrup for serving
- Combine butter & peanut butter in a small bowl. Microwave 30 sec or until butter is mostly melted; set aside.
- Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda & salt in a medium bowl. Whisk together & set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk, sugar vanilla & melted peanut butter mixture. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing only enough to combine them. The batter will be somewhat lumpy.
- Preheat a large griddle over a medium-low flame & spray with nonstick cooking oil. Pour approximately 1/4 cup of batter onto griddle, top with chocolate chips, if desired. Flip when the pancakes are bubbling.
- Serve pancakes with melted peanut butter & maple syrup.